Wednesday, April 16, 2008

All for one and One for all


When a business grows and adds people, the personality of the business changes. As I've observed the culture changes over the past 5 years at my group of radio stations, I watched and observed this happen first hand.

One thing we have now that we lost for awhile was a team effort.

A couple of years ago, we began an open book process that helped everyone to understand what the others were doing and how we could help each other.

I sat in a seminar recently that discussed aspects of these concepts and shared a table with some who worked for the company that was hosting the seminar. Even they had some walls that needed to be removed, so I think it's a safe assumption that nearly any business that has more than one employee has some room for improvement.

With the current economy, it is easy to start blaming each other. Instead, refocus on team building and you can be a survivor and thriver.

No comments:

Post a Comment