Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What Does it Cost to Advertise on the Radio?


It's a question that people want to know.

And I have an answer.

The cost is not important.

It's just the final number in a mathematical equation.

And it is the mathematical equation that matters more the what it equals.

Lets look at it the way a lot of folks look at it, first. They say, I want to spend $2000.

(In reality, they would like to spend $5, but that won't work.)

What are the different equations that they could use to = $2000?

1 x 2000
2 x 1000
4 x 500
8 x 250
16 x 125
20 x 100
40 x 50
50 x 40
100 x 20

Just to name a few of the options that a business could use to advertise in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

What do those numbers mean?

1 print ad in the newspaper (1/2 page black and white) will cost 2 grand.

I have some radio ads I will sell you for $100 each (Morning Drive, live, testimonal by a 20 year well known talk show host), 1 per day, 5 days a week, 4 weeks a month = 2 grand.

I also have some radio ads I will sell you for $20 each, 6am-7pm, Monday through Sunday, 25 per week, 4 weeks a month, again = $2000.

Not all of these options are interchangeable. Each will produce different results, and it takes someone with the knowledge of who you are, who your customers are, and a few other important factors to help you decide which option will work for you.

I have one client that used to spend $450 a week advertising with me, then they stopped.

No, they didn't stop spending money with me, they stopped spending only $450 a week.

Right now they are spending between $1500 and $2025 a week advertising on one of my radio stations.

And they are meticulous about tracking the response. That's why they increased.

Make sure you ask all the right questions when it comes to spending money on advertising.

And if you are in Fort Wayne, Indiana; contact me and I'll show you more. Scott at ScLoHo.net

No comments:

Post a Comment