Saturday, May 10, 2008

Perspective from the past.


It is good to take a moment and reflect on your past. I will occasionally take a look at some of the things that were going on as recent, (or as long ago) as three years ago when I started writing regularly.

In 2005, I thought I was having a heart attack. I drove myself to the hospital about a half mile away after finding no one at the fire station next door to where I was, when I was going through these tremendous pains.

It turns out my heart was healthy, but I had pancreatitis and ended up spending about 10 days in the hospital, then another 10 days at home before returning to work.

After being off for three weeks, I dived back in to work and wrote the following on an old blog, which I'm reposting here:

After a couple of weeks back on the job and getting back in the swing of things, I've noticed a couple of things that are almost worth writing about:

1. The more people you have in your company, the more likely you will have a higher rate of employee turn-over. This is especially true if you have a sales department.

2. Try not to prejudge anyone. I have found it pretty amazing some of the companies that have said yes to a special marketing presentation that our company is offering next week.

3. And I have been surprised at the closed mindedness of some companies (or at least those individuals that I spoke with) How can you say no to something that you have no idea what it is?


4. Remember sales is a lot like batting at a baseball. A 300 average is pretty decent.


5. You are in control of your own success, God willing. Excuses get you nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment